I have non in real life friends that read my blog, but I am still having problems finding ways to make real life friends in this town.
I would in no ways consider myself an introvert, probably the farthest from it. Given no other option I might talk to a brick wall. Really.
I have decided against going to the bar alone, just sounds like a disaster. Drowning my problems away with alcohol is a really bad idea.
I will figure this out, and ya'll are going to here a lot about it.
If any of you have any ideas on ways to get involved and make friends I am open to suggestions. Unless a dating site is involved.
I am not ashamed to admit I have been down that road when I first moved here. Needless to say it wasn't pretty...not in a bad way. I just happen to see someone I know (cough cough) my chiropractor (cough cough) on it, day 1. I pretty much quit then. I had seen too much.
And that my friends is my dating site disaster. Minus a few details.
Sorry for the pity party, it has been one of those days.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

I'm sorry that you're not meeting many friends. Its hard when to break into social circles. I don't have any great advice but I would say maybe try a Sunday School class. Drew and I have been going to a SS class and we have met several couples our age. Also, maybe like a fitness class at a gym. Like a Zumba class or spinning and meet people that way. The classes are fun and you start to see the same people over and over.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, just a couple suggestions. Good luck!
I agree with the skipping out on drinking alone at the bar part! I considered that and decided the same thing you did. I also agree with Kelsey, everyone seems to be interested in meeting and visiting with you at church. Another thing I've done is find the newspaper with the community events listed and tried out a few. Some aren't too bad.
ReplyDeleteI know you'll start meeting people. You're too nice and outgoing not to!